Have you run a company in the past that is no longer operating? Maybe your company has acquired another one. Perhaps you would like to get rid of the closed company on LinkedIn, in the interests of cleanliness. You can delete a company page on LinkedIn, as long as you are an administrator of the page.
You can deactivate your company page through your company page Admin Tools if it meets all the following guidelines:
- The company page is currently active.
- You are an admin of the company page and are currently logged in to LinkedIn.
- The company page doesn’t have any affiliated company pages.
- The company page doesn’t have a career page.
- The company page has fewer than 100 affiliated employees.
- The company page has no active ad campaigns.
A company page on LinkedIn belongs to all the employees who are connected to it, which is why an administrator cannot simply delete any page. You may want to keep a page active for an old company, because ex-employees will still have the company name mentioned on their profiles, under their experience.
How to remove the company page
While logged into LinkedIn, navigate to the Me section and look for a link to the company page that you want to remove. Once on the page, look for the admin link on the right-hand side and select “deactivate page” option.
Once you click that link, you will see a pop-up asking you to confirm your choice.
Things to consider before removing a company page from LinkedIn
- Once the Company Page is removed, the company name and email domain won’t be available for future use unless you contact us again.
- LinkedIn does not remove the company pages of acquired companies when a company is acquired.
- Instead of removing a company page, you can update the name or other information.
- Changing the company name also changes the profile work experience for the company’s current and former employees and can confuse followers of your page. LinkedIn recommends posting a company update notifying members before making the change.
How to delete an article on LinkedIn
- Click Write an article on your LinkedIn homepage.
- Click the More dropdown menu at the top right of the writing tool and select Articles to view a list of your published articles.
- Click Delete on the bottom of the article.
- Click Delete to the right of the question Are you sure you want to delete this article? or click Cancel to return to the previous page.
How to deactivate your LinkedIn profile
If you need to close your LinkedIn account, go to the Settings & Privacy page:
- Click the Me icon at top of your LinkedIn homepage.
- Select Settings & Privacy from the dropdown.
- Under the Account management section of the Account tab, click Change next to Closing your LinkedIn account.
- Check the reason for closing your account and click Next.
- Enter your account password and click Close account.
You can also close your account directly from the Close Account page. Before you do, LinkedIn offers these warnings:
- You won’t have access to your connections or any information you’ve added to your account.
- Your profile will no longer be visible on LinkedIn.
- Search engines may still display your information temporarily due to the way they collect and update their search data.
- You’ll lose all recommendations and endorsements.
- You may want to download a copy of your data before you close your account.
- If you have a premium membership, own a LinkedIn group, or have a premium account license, you’ll have to resolve those accounts before being able to close your Basic account.
- If you’ve created more than one account, learn how to delete or merge a duplicate account.